Post Treatment Care
Post Treatment Care
All clients are required to fill out a consultation form prior to service. A complete past and current health history assessment was obtained during your initial consultation. Should there be any changes in your health status, please inform your electrologist so the information can be documented on your health form. Your general health status can impact your normal healing. Prior to each treatment, inform your electrologist of any skin reaction in your treated are, or of any related-related concerns when they occur. Most people exhibit little or no post-treatment manifestations. Puffiness, redness, irritation, or small scabs may be part of the normal healing process for you (depending upon your skin type and sensitivity), or the coarseness and density of your hair. These are temporary and will disappear with proper care. Good hygiene is an essential part of your post-treatment care. Your skin is a protective barrier; it takes about 24 hours for a treated follicle to begin healing from within and 48 hours to complete the healing. For this reason, it is very important that you follow these post-treatment procedures recommended by your electrologist.
If you have any reactions which appears related to your treatment, please contact us.
- Some will be extremely sensitive to the current, it can cause a slightly tingling sensation. Topical anesthetic can be applied to help with pain management making the sessions more comfortable.
- Some may want to take a pain relieving pill about an hour before your treatment to temporarily reduce pain. EXP: Advil, Tylenol.
- Keep hands off treated area. (IF needed) use cold compress or ice on the area to avoid excessive redness or swelling, for a duration of 10 minutes during the initial 24 hours as needed.
- Cleanse your skin GENTLY with a mild soap or cleanser.
- If irritation should occur an antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin, is recommended to keep the area continually moist, avoiding infection and scabbing.
- We suggest you avoid alcohol and caffeine or tea 24 hours before your treatment as it may increase sensitivity.
- Applying Tend skin after electrolysis it helps reduce the appearance of redness and minimize post treat, the next –day bumping.
- Having any laser procedures, chemical peels, waxing, or exfoliation treatments in the previous week.
- Do not rub, scratch or squeeze the treated area as this can result in infection or potential scarring. Avoid similar irritations from the use of abrasives or loofahs.
- Not apply heavy creams or makeup to the treated area for 24 hours. If makeup must be applied, use fresh, oil-free makeup, or loose powder kept free of bacterial contamination.
- Don’t tweeze, pluck or wax visible hairs, so the hair will be available for removal at the next treatment. Depending on each person, allowing a couple of day’s growth prior to the treatment.
- Please refrain from bleaching your hair between treatments. Bleaching can cause skin irritation and sensitivity.
- Swim in non-chlorinated water or use saunas, hot tubs or other sources of extreme heat for 2-3 days following treatment.
- Heavy exercise or sweating for 12 hours following your appointment, especially if you are particularly sensitive or irritated.
- Expose skin to undue natural or artificial sun exposure for 48 hours before and after treatment. Sunburned skin CANNOT be treated. ALWAYS use an SPF 30 sun block.
- Pick eschars (tiny scabs) if they appear or scarring may occur. Sensitive skin may exhibit scabbing, which is part of the natural healing process.
- Use any blood thinners prior to your appointment, aspirin, Heparin, Coumadin, Warfarin, etc.
- Accutane use in the previous 6 months.
- You MUST inform us if you have a pacemakers and metal implants.